University of Iowa Technology Institute has launched a new website and social media channels to better communicate its research, inventions, and contributions to UI, the state, and external funding partners such as the U.S. Department of Defense, industry, and National Institutes of Health.
The Iowa Technology Institute, formerly the Center for Computer-Aided Design, is part of the UI College of Engineering. ITI conducts trailblazing research and develops technological solutions in seven mission areas: Advanced Manufacturing and Materials, Aerospace Technology, Biotechnology, Environment and Energy, Human Modeling and Simulation, Systems and Sensors, and Vehicle Safety and Automated Driving.
The website and social media channels are intended to reflect the efforts of its faculty, staff, students, and collaborators to achieve a vision of a nationally recognized institute known for collaboration, dedication, invention, and research in the fields of modeling, simulation, and advanced technologies.
The website highlights 'Our People,' 'Our Research,' and 'Our Technology,' along with categories exploring 'About Us' as well as the latest news and events. Additionally, information is grouped to make it easier to navigate between mission areas, labs and centers, technologies, and people.
The website meets the following goals:
- Better communicates what ITI does and the value provided to the UI community and the state of Iowa.
- Recognizes our team of more than 250 faculty, researchers, staff, and students.
- Showcases the breadth of research mission areas and laboratories.
- Supports the case for externally funded grants and contracts with the U.S. Department of Defense, industry, and others.
The new website is modeled after the new University of Iowa website and branding guidelines, which rolled out in May. ITI is one of the first units on campus to adopt the new model, which reflects best practices in modern web development, including accessibility, mobile-first design, streamlined navigation, and more integration of video content. The ITI website also achieves these goals:
Better positions and distinguishes the ITI among its peer research institutions while helping ITI meet its business goals.
- Creates a more compelling and accessible experience for site users, especially research and technology partners.
- Increases awareness and visibility of ITI through improved search engine optimization.
- Allows for continuous improvement based on user feedback and performance.