University of Iowa Technology Institute maintains an office on the Central Florida Research Park campus in Orlando, FL. The space strategically situates ITI at the center of one of the world's largest modeling and simulation ecosystems with access to partners in industry, government, and academia.
Orlando is headquarters for U.S. Department of Defense simulation command centers, including for Army, Air Force, and Navy. Numerous major industry players maintain branches nearby, including Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, and Northrop Grumman. The ecosystem benefits from close proximity to Disney, Kennedy Space Center, and other National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) efforts, as well as many other large and small aerospace and modeling and simulation firms.
The relationships and resources here are critical to expanding ITI's research and technology transfer missions.
- Smart classroom with Wi-Fi, LCD projector, dry erase board, small and large flat screen displays, and configurable desks.
- Classroom space can be configured for large presentations or demonstrations.
- Separate conference room for meetings and demonstrations with dry erase board and flat screen projector.
- Live feed from Operator Performance Laboratory's airborne jets onto flat screen projectors.
- Space for National Advanced Driving Simulator to demonstrate driving sims.
- Space for human motion capture domes.
- Space for 3D printing demonstrations.
- Workspace for interns, software programmers, graduate students, and researchers.
- Space for admissions or athletics or alumni events.
- Located within 30 minutes of Orlando International Airport, Orlando Sanford International Airport, and downtown Orlando.
Where to find us
Iowa Technology Institute
3259 Progress Drive
Orlando, Florida 32826